For enquiries regarding enrolling your child in the current school year,
please contact the school for more information.
2025 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education has released an updated statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline for the 2025 school year.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including at Karoo Primary School.
All government primary schools will follow the timeline in 2024 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2025 school year.
You can find information and resources about the timeline, including factsheets and a poster at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents and Carers’ from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Karoo PS from 15 April 2024.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school (via the booking sheet or call 9759 6222) to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 15 April 2024). This pack includes an application form, which you can also request from our school.
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26 July 2024.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application between Monday 29 July and Friday 9 August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23 August 2024.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
- Prepare your child to start Foundation (Prep) from Wednesday 29 January 2025.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
2024 Enrolments in Year 1-6
Enrolling at Karoo is a simple three step process:
1. Collect an Enrolment form
- Forms can be downloaded by clicking the link.
- Hard copies can be collected from the school office or mailed to you upon request.
- An electronic copy can be emailed upon request.
2. Complete the Enrolment form in full, and return it to the school
- Please read the privacy statement on page 14 of the Enrolment form prior to completing
- All sections much be completed and declaration signed.
- If a student has a specific medical condition, further medical forms may need to be completed on commencing school (eg asthma, allergies)
3. Provide supplementary documents
- Proof of your child’s age and full name (birth certificate or passport)
- Immunisation Status Certificate
Once you have submitted your Enrolment form to the school, you will be notified of your acceptance via mail.
School Tours 2024
School tours provide parents an ideal opportunity to see first hand our students in their learning environment, the beautiful buildings and grounds we have to offer, and get a feel for what it would be like for your child to be a part of the Karoo community.
In 2024 our tours run on :
– Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 9:30am from March to August.
– Saturday tours will run at 3pm on April 20th, May 25th, June 22nd and July 20th.
Please contact the school office on 9759 6222 or complete the school tour link to register your interest in having a tour of Karoo Primary School.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
For more information, you can:
Kinder to Karoo_2022 Information Night Presentation